Cisco UCS blade Discovery Failed with an error Invalid adapter-iocard combination.
You may hit this error if you are not using recommended configuration for example:
- If you have 2104XP IOM and you are trying to install a blade with VIC1240 with a Port Expander adapter.( In this case just remove the port expander to make it work)
- If you have 2104XP IOM and you are trying to install a blade with VIC1340. ( This is non supported configuration, either we need to upgrade the IOM’s or downgrade the VIC to VIC1240)
- If you are using Fabric Interconnect’s 6100 with VIC1340 e.t.c.
The B200 M4 with E5-2600 v3 CPUs requires UCSM 2.2(3a) or later, Blades will not discover if you have less that 2.2(3a) and may hit below error.
Reference: Supported Configs Continue reading
If you want to unmount a Datastore from Datastore Cluster make sure you satisfied the following conditions:
- No Virtual machines resides on the datastore.
- The datastore is not part of a Datastore Cluster.
- The datastore is not managed by storage DRS.
- Storage I/O control is disabled for the datastore.
- The datastore is not used for vSphere HA heartbeat.
Step 1: Migrate all VMs form the datastore you want to unmount to other datastore.
Step 2: Drag the datastore you want to unmount and drop on the Datacenter name, you can drop outside the cluster but you will not get a space to drop if you have multiple datacenters in a vCenter.
Step 3: Select the datastore, click configuration tab, on the Datastore Details click properties and then uncheck the box to disable Storage I/O control.
Step 4: Right Click the datastore and select unmount.
Step 5: Select the hosts you want to unmount.
Step 6: Once you get all green, you are ready to go.
Step 7: Double check the host you want to unmount and click finish.